Grammarly for Chrome is a free browser extension that enables grammar checking wherever your browse on the web. Whenever you compose a new comment in your LMS, tweet, email, blog post, or anything else online, this browser extension will check your text for spelling and grammatical errors. Anytime you are writing in a comment field, Grammarly flags potential mistakes (see the graphic above) and allows you to review them one by one (by hovering your mouse over the text) or all at once (by opening a pop-up window).
The extension is available via the Chrome Web Store. It is free to use, but the premium version adds the following features:
- 150 critical grammar and spelling checks
- 100+ additional advanced grammar and spelling checks
- Vocabulary enhancement suggestions
- Genre specific writing style checks (academic, technical, creative, and other styles of writing)
- Plagiarism checker that looks through more than 8 billion (!) web pages
I use Grammarly to spell check all my blog posts. 🙂
UPDATE: Nick from Grammarly contacted me and suggested that I post a link to Grammarly reviews. Here it is: http://www.grammarly.com/reviews.