One of the first things you need to do before you begin to establish your online presence is to obtain a domain name (hackinginstructor.com, for example). There are many choices on the internet. Which one to choose?
I have had a few domains over the years, and I have tried a number of registrars: Register.com, dotster.com, Network Solutions, GoDaddy.com, Name.com. The one that stands out above all is NameCheap.com. It is the best registrar by far. My reasons:
- It is the cheapest. WIth the coupons at Namecheapcoupons.com, I always get the lowest registration fee or the renewal fee. One domain is usually around $10/year.
- I get a free privacy guard service. This will mask your private information from being publicly available in the Whois registry.
- The feature offering is comprehensive. I never have to wish that Namecheap.com has a feature that it doesn’t have. Every time I learn a new particular service on the Web, Namecheap.com already has that feature, usually at no additional cost.
- It has the easiest email management console. I don’t host any of my email accounts, just forwarding, and Namecheap.com makes this feature very easy to set up.
- The support is superb. It has live support and I usually get everything resolved within 5 minutes of contacting Namecheap.com’s chat service.
All in all, I have been very happy with Namecheap.com and I will continue to use the service. If you are looking into obtaining your own domain, you don’t have to go anywhere else!