Thanksgiving is upon us and it’s time to go shopping for many of us. I am not into Black Friday, but here are a few hints to help save money.
- Did you know Amazon.com has an Outlet store?
- It’s hard to find Amazon deals or coupons, but RetailMeNot has coupons and codes for select merchants on Amazon.com.
- There is a plugin for Google Chrome (and Firefox) to search the best deals while you browse the shopping sites. It’s called ShopGenius. While you search for a particular product, ShopGenius lists the prices from other stores and you can do comparison shopping in real time.
- Another helpful plugin is Boo.ly. The boo.ly price bar will notify you when a cheaper price is available elsewhere. It is similar in function as ShopGenius, but between the two plugins, you should be able to find the lowest price on any product.
One of the first things you need to do before you begin to establish your online presence is to obtain a domain name (hackinginstructor.com, for example). There are many choices on the internet. Which one to choose?
I have had a few domains over the years, and I have tried a number of registrars: Register.com, dotster.com, Network Solutions, GoDaddy.com, Name.com. The one that stands out above all is NameCheap.com. It is the best registrar by far. My reasons:
- It is the cheapest. WIth the coupons at Namecheapcoupons.com, I always get the lowest registration fee or the renewal fee. One domain is usually around $10/year.
- I get a free privacy guard service. This will mask your private information from being publicly available in the Whois registry.
- The feature offering is comprehensive. I never have to wish that Namecheap.com has a feature that it doesn’t have. Every time I learn a new particular service on the Web, Namecheap.com already has that feature, usually at no additional cost.
- It has the easiest email management console. I don’t host any of my email accounts, just forwarding, and Namecheap.com makes this feature very easy to set up.
- The support is superb. It has live support and I usually get everything resolved within 5 minutes of contacting Namecheap.com’s chat service.
All in all, I have been very happy with Namecheap.com and I will continue to use the service. If you are looking into obtaining your own domain, you don’t have to go anywhere else!